Since the kids were born, I've had to put away my scrapbooking/card making supplies away. I do get the odd chance here and there when they are in bed, but who are we kidding right? I've dreamed of the day when Maddy was old enough to craft with me and that day sort of came a couple of weeks ago.
Maddy's Sparks group was having a fundraiser and needed families to contribute simple, cheap items for a craft or bake sale. I decided to make some paper ornaments that I made with my students from school one year. Maddy and I made some during homeschooling when Ethan was in preschool. Unfortunately, when Ethan came home and saw the crafts, he REALLY wanted to make some too. I told him that we could make some together to decorate our own house. I was pleasantly surprised when the whole crafting morning didn't turn into a gong show. It did help that Maddy already had experience with the craft from the day before. Ethan did really well and was really concentrating on the task for a long time.
I'm officially adding a craft room to my 'dream house' wish list!
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment