Occasionally, we get the chance to have a family game night. We've been trying to build our stock of games in the last few years. The trick is to find games that are fun for both the adults and kids. We have some standard games like Candyland, Guess Who?, Junior Monopoly and Trouble. However, I've always liked Sequence for Kids and now Qwirkle.
The funny thing about Trouble is that EVERY time Ethan plays, it's like he has horseshoes up his butt. So much so that he'll actually say, "That ok, I have horseshoes in my butt." I'm referring to the rule of having to roll a 6 to get your next man out and into the game. Strategy would tell you to move a man out whenever you roll a six because you never want to be 'stuck' at home solely because you couldn't roll a six. If Ethan happens to roll a 6 when he already has a man out, he insists on moving his current man 6 spaces instead of taking a second player out. It never stops he though. It seems that whenever he has needed it, the 6 comes up. Very frustrating yet hilarious for the rest of us.
The other night we played Qwirkle for the first time as a whole family. We've owned it since last Christmas and Maddy and I tried to play it, but I think we were playing with the wrong set of rules because the points seemed to be way too high. So Josh took a swing at it with the two kids one night and they seemed to 'get it'. The next night we tried it as a family. Let's just say that nothing beats having your @ss kicked by a 6 and 4 year old! In my defence, I did have the added job of keeping score, so I couldn't FULLY concentrate on the game at all times. (At least that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) Half way through I realized that they were really beating me to I was REALLY, TRYING to concentrate. My brain actually hurt as I was trying to find those double-scoring moves, all the while there's Ethan and Maddy singing and joking about and then scoring double points without barely trying. Anyway next time I'll make Josh keep track of the score. ;)
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment