Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ethan's Haircut

Just a little story I want to remember for the later...

It's no secret that when it come to Ethan's hair, I'm not suppose to touch it. Well according to Josh that is. To be fair, I did give Ethan a haircut that was similar to one of the Three Stooges once, but that was only once! :) Anyway I've been asking for a second chance and claiming that I've since spent time watching YouTube videos and the hair stylist do Ethan's hair. Finally, Josh relented, but then Ethan said he didn't want me to do it. (I think he was just echoing Josh's feelings) So with Josh as our only option, I insisted that he spend some time watching the YouTube videos as well. The whole thing was a little rushed because bed time was coming up, but for some reason I felt that the haircut couldn't wait another day. So there we were, the four of us in front of the computer watching a video on how to cut hair. At one point the video goes on to describe to how to cut around the ear, being careful not to nip the actual ear. Then it moved on to other points like cutting the hair vertically and so on. Ethan is very quiet as he sits on Josh's lap, but at one point he says very softly, "Papa, no cut me ear. Dat say (as he points to the screen), no cut me ear." Poor little guy. I'm happy to say that Ethan's hair is shorter, not perfect, but definitely shorter and he still has both ears.

No comments: