
We decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and head to the pumpkin patch today. I'd been wanting to go for a while to get some pictures of Maddy for the 'Fall' page in her scrapbook, but I'd heard that the pumpkin patch is often packed with people. On a day like today, I'd have to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We went out to Aldor Acres in Langley and it was a great place.
Our only goal was to get some nice shots of Maddy with some pumpkins but we were pleasantly surprised to see so many farm animals as well. Maddy was so cute, each time she saw a new animal she wanted to kiss them all. Her favourites were probably the fuzzy chickens, but we didn't get a photo of them. There were some piglets that were just 2 weeks old. The mama pig was just laying there beside the litter ready for a feeding at anytime. The only thing was that she had to be in a very small cage to stop her from rolling over onto the litter! Good thing because she weighed 550lbs.

In the same barn, they had a cage filled with bunnies. Later on, I saw kids holding bunnies all over the place. It turns out they had another bin of bunnies that you could take out and hold 'under parental supervision'. I kinda felt bad for the bunnies, but at the same time I couldn't pass up the opportunity for Maddy to have a bunny up close and personal. I'm glad she didn't try to squish-it-with-love like some of the other kids.
Before we knew it Maddy was getting that dazed look on her face, so we figured our time was up. We didn't know that you had to get on the hayride tractor, go out to the actual pumpkin patch and pick your pumpkin. After seeing the line up we decided that a trip out and back would take too long and called it a day. It's funny how even after a trip to the pumpkin patch, we'll be buying our pumpkin from the grocery store again this year!



No comments:
Post a Comment