On Saturday we went to the PNE. I remember going last year and feeling so tired after walking even a short distance. It was a nice change this year. Maddy was completely mesmerized by all that was going on. I guess her favorite part was when she saw the HUGE pink My Little Pony in the daily parade. She was so excited she almost lept out of my arms trying to get closer.
On Saturday night Evelyn and her boyfriend Aaron came for a quick visit. They drove all the way from Vernon, and went to see a concert the same evening!! As you can tell, I'm still in awe of their stamina! The next morning we went for Dim Sum before they made the long drive home again. It was a short visit but it's always nice to see Lyn and have Maddy spend some time with Auntie.
Sunday night we went to our last wedding of the season. My friend Judy and Rob tied the knot at the SFU Alumni Centre. It really was a gorgeous setting for a wedding. We were lucky that the clouds stayed away and the sun was shining behind the couple as they said their vows. With rice cakes and puffs on hand, Maddy was quiet and content for the ceremony and most of the reception. We did have to leave before the dancing started because she was just so tired, but thanks to Judy we still got to have our cupcakes to go!! Thanks Judy, it was a really yummy breakfast! Hee Hee.
On Monday we met the newest addition to our growing extended family! Reese Lee Harper was born on August 28th to her happy parents, Shauna and Mick and big brother Mackenzie. She is so tiny and super cute. It was such a joy to hold a tiny baby again and especially nice to see Mackenzie as the big brother. With her older cousins Frances, Pippa and Maddy, she'll definitely have enough clothes!
By Monday night I was pooped and ready for bed early. I usually have a terrible time sleeping the night before the first day of school. After that fun filled weekend, I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow and didn't wake until just before the alarm!
Hope everyone had a great Labour Day!!
1 comment:
What a beautiful pictures of all of you. I love madelin with her hairclips in her hair, so cute. And the ones where you are both holding the new baby Reese( Precious). That labor day weekend was packed for you guys, looks like you guys had a funfilled weekend.
Post a Comment