Sunday, September 7, 2008

E-I-E-I-O!!

It was a lot of fun having Oma and Opa come for a visit this weekend. They are on their way to Gabriola Island tomorrow, but it was nice to spend the weekend together. Since the weather was so beautiful, we decided to head to Maplewood Farms. It is remarkably close to our house, just over the Second Narrows Bridge.

Maddy LOVES animals and had a blast. She especially loved the ducks and chickens that you could feed. It'll be so fun when she can grab a handful of the feed herself and throw it at the birds. She was very excited to see the miniature horses, although they looked very sad in their little pen.


Every day they have a cow milking demonstration and it was fun to watch. "Lulu" can make about 22 litres of milk a day and needs to be milked 3 times a day. Can't imagine what it must feels like to be engorged when you can produce 22 litres!!


Maddy also liked the goats pen. You can go in and the goats are very calm and friendly. You can pet them and they all come to you. I guess they just enjoy the petting, because you can't feed the goats anything. Before long, it was time for her nap so we decided to go home since it was just a 5 minute drive. We still had a few animals to see, but I plan to go back with her another day. It was a great place to go and I can't wait to go back again. Anyone want to join us?

No comments: