Friday, June 20, 2008

An Awesome Birthday


I had a great birthday and really couldn't ask for anything more. It started off with Josh surprising me in the morning with balloons everywhere. Our usual routine is to get up at 7:00 and he goes to get Maddy and brings her to our room for feeding. Today I was still trying to savour the last minute of sleep when he brought her in. I opened my eyes and there were balloons stuck to the walls all around the room!! I was quite fun. Maddy was SOOOOO intrigued by the balloons that she forgot all about how hungry she was. It was so cool to see her discover balloons for the first time. I think she is still a little wary of them but she wants so badly to play with them.

Maddy and I went to Mother Goose in morning and she had a great time. She woke from her nap earlier than usual but I hoped that she would make up the time in her afternoon nap. It was so nice to be outside in the warm weather while she napped before Mother Goose. It got quite hot and finally it felt like summer again. After Mother Goose and lunch she went down for her second nap, but it didn't last as long as I had hoped. Change of plans!! I packed up some toys, some watermelon and a blanket and we spent some of the afternoon under a tree at the park across the street. Since she had so little sleep I was praying that she'd go down for a cat nap. The deal was, if she did, we could go out for dinner. If not, then she'd have to go to bed early so it'd have to be take out. She's been fighting this nap for the last little while, but maybe she knew it was mommy's birthday because she went down with little fussing. Yippppeeee!

I called Josh and told him the good news and he came home early. We went to my favourite Shanghai restaurant for noodles and potstickers. YUM!! What a great day! Thank you to everyone for all the birthday calls, emails and Facebook messages. It was a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Mieke said...

It looks like you had a great day .The happy smiles of you and Maddy make me smile inside as well.Happy Birthday to a wonderful daughter.

rae said...

Happy Birthday! Could it be that we share the same birthday and similar taste in Shanghai food?!? I just celebrated my bday on Jun 20 and went out for Shanghai food in Richmond (although not the best I've had before) Maddy is growing up so fast! Enjoy the summer =)