Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Spring Camps with Scouts and Girl Guides

This year the Scouts All-Sections camp happened to be on the same weekend as a bridging camp we planned between the Brownies and a Guides unit from our district. Luckily they were both out in the Aldregrove/Langley area. As you can see from the pictures, the Scouts toughed it out in the rain and tents where as we had lovely cabins and a huge main lodge area. Unfortunately, it poured with rain for most of the weekend. I kept thinking of the boys and wondered how they were doing while I was cozy in my bed!
  • Luckily the scouts did have lots of tents and undercover areas. One family did pack it in after one night as their tent filled with water.
  • At one point Josh asked if Ethan would like to play with his friends. His reply was, "No, actually, I want to watch the cooking. I'm really interested in that." (Food is ALWAYS on his mind.)
  • Since many people did not show up due to the rain, Josh said they all ate like kings because there was so much food.
  • The sun came out on the last afternoon, just in time for canoeing.

  • Our camp was luxurious! I surprisingly slept REALLY well on both nights, but don't tell Josh!
  • As you can see, the Girl Guides campfire was not as rough, but in our defense, the camp didn't have a fire pit outside.
  • Maddy really enjoyed the Utensils dinner. She lucked out. Some girls had to eat with with the most random kitchen utensils. It was a fun dinner.

No comments: