Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy "Animersamie"


Today Josh and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. What a beautiful day we had for our wedding. Not like today with sporadic rain showers. I remember checking the weather forecasts like crazy in the days leading up to our wedding. Today, as Josh and I drove to our anniversary lunch I laughed at how much importance I had placed on that one day. I guess every bride does, but really it's the days, months, years that follow that are important. I can hardly believe how quickly these 5 years have gone by and how much our lives have changed.

Today Josh and I took advantage of the fact that the kids were in daycare and that I am officially on summer holidays. We went to the Teahouse in Stanley Park for a wonderfully quiet, get-to-eat-slowly and hear-each-other-speak lunch. The weather wasn't nice enough to sit out on the patio, but view was still nice. We had a great time talking about old times and dreaming about what's ahead for us in the future. Thank you Josh for a great lunch and an amazing 5 years. I love you so much. As Maddy put it this evening, "Happy Ani-mer-samie".

xoxo

3 comments:

Mieke said...

Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple. So much has happened in those five years. And we are now blessed with three daughters, three sons, and three Grand children. We love you guys so much, and we will never forget the day you got married.
To see our children happy is a gift of love.

Mieke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LL said...

Happy anniversary! I remember it being a beautiful, sunny day. And Mon, you looked gorgeous in your wedding dress. Wow, it's been 5 years? I still wear the dress I wore to your wedding! hahahaha