
In the last two months Ethan continues to push the limits when it comes to moving on to the next big boy stage. In his 18 months update I wrote that he was out of the high chair and using the booster seat that straps him to the chair. Well he now out of even the booster. Not that he can properly reach the table while sitting on just a chair, it's just that he insists on being a big boy. One time he was leaning too far over and nearly fell off the chair. In the last second his two little fingers caught the edge of the table and he held on until we were able to rescue him. He's definitely our little fighter.
The last two months have also shown a lot of growth in his speech. The best is when he wants something that Jeh-Jeh has. He'll hold out his hand like he's ready for a high five and say "Ba". The "Ba" part is his way of saying "bai" which is "give me" in Chinese. The high five part is that he's holding five fingers up because he's telling Jeh-Jeh that she needs to give it to him in 5 minutes. It usually works pretty well and both of them are pretty good about giving the toy over to the other and then asking for it back in 5 minutes if they still want a chance with it.
Other words that he uses are "Ju" (Juice), "Mo" (More), "Nana" (Banana), "Turtu" (Turtle), "Pee pee", "poo" (no translation necessary), "Ow", "Daw" (Dog), "Mimi" (Cat), "Cheh-Cheh" (Car in Chinese), "Bapac" (Backpack). He can also say the sound that most animals make... Wow, I guess when you write them all down, he did have a word explosion in the last couple of months!
On the potty front, he's still pretty good about holding it. There is the odd time where he'll tell me that he needs to go, but for the most part we just take him every once in a while and he'll usually hold it until then. I don't know how to do the next step where he'll consistently tell us that he needs to go before it's too late, but I'm not too worried yet. He can hold it from about 8:30am to around noon.
Sleep in the last couple of months has been a little wonky. After Christmas I thought that Ethan was solidly onto just one nap a day. Around April or so he started falling asleep in the stroller at about 11am and so he kinda went back to 2 naps. Now I think he's switching back to one nap but some days it seems like one nap (at 1:00pm) was too late and he'll end up with only half an hour of sleep. I think that he should be taking the one nap around 12pm now, but unfortunately he can't because of Maddy's preschool pick up time. I guess we'll just have to push through until he can last until 1:30 again. Luckily for us, he doesn't completely lose it on just 30 minutes of sleep all day.
The relationship between Maddy and Ethan just gets better and better. Don't get me wrong, they do fight at times, but on the whole they are pretty good about giving each other turns. The funniest new development is that Maddy has learned that if she doesn't want to finish something on her plate, all she has to do is offer it to Ethan and her problem is solved. Both of them are good eaters, so I don't worry that Maddy isn't getting enough. I just love how excited Ethan gets at times when he realizes his sudden winfall of an extra helping. Here is a video of us in Hawaii. We were eating tuna casserole... (In case you can't hear what Maddy says at the end it's, "His mouth is dirty"). I just LOVE that squeal of his.
This post has been written for a while now and I've been waiting to get the photos up. Looks like we'll be missing the 21st month update seeing as it's already the 23rd today!
No comments:
Post a Comment