The title says it all. We have been on the merry-go-round of sickness and we can't seem to get off. It started in the new year with Josh, then shortly after both kids had the same cold. Then they recovered only to have a relapse of the same cold. Being on 'snot patrol' of both of them at the same time was just about a full time job and I'm sure that the stock for Kleenex has gone up just because of the Blommesteins. Somewhere in there I was sick as well, though I can hardly remember when it was now.
More recently Maddy came down with a stomach flu. The poor girl went to lay down on the couch because she wasn't feeling well when all of a sudden she puked. It went up and then straight back down on her face. Needless to say she was freaking out with tons of tears. While we were trying to get her clothes off, Ethan came into the bathroom with her binkie and was trying to console her with it. It was so cute to see. That lasted about a week for all the symptoms to clear. Just as it did, I came down with a stomach flu but luckily I had it for only 2 days.
One week later, just as I thought we were getting better, Ethan came down with the flu. He had a pretty high fever and aches for a couple of days and now he is a coughing, sneezing, snot machine. It's gotten so bad that I even broke down and bought this. I'm pretty happy with how the nose sucker works! Probably a little 'over the top' but seeing as he can't blow his nose and the constant wiping irritates his nose, it's worth it. The funniest is how I have to hold him down because obviously he doesn't like me using it. There is a lot of struggling so by the end he's a mess with snot all over his face and sometimes a few angry tears. One time, just after I'd used it I said, "Do you want to see your bai see?". He got up all angry and covered in snot /tears and looked at the container. The he said with a big grin and a look of amazement "Whoah!" and walked away to play. Too funny. Maddy also has the same coughing and congestion but she was spared the high fevers and aches.
I'm hoping that since I wrote this, the spell will be broken and this will be the last of it. Can't wait for Spring and the better weather to come.
Sorry, no pictures. You don't want to see the mess that we're in over here. It's not a pretty sight.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment